Monday, March 15, 2010

March 15, 2010

I have been dealing with a clogged kitchen sink all day.
I waited patiently for Dru to get home so he could take care of it.
(He was especially grateful for that!)
How could he not have fun with Amelia always there to help out!
I think she was tickling him in this picture.

7 comments:

  1. I think Amelia would want to be a handy girl! She is coaching Dru what to do with the clogging pipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, what is with you and clogging kitchen sinks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very good at it...but for real....we've lived here almost 9 years and that is the first clog I've had at my own house! At least at my house the stuff stayed IN the pipes! I'll give you 1 guess what it was.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. potato peels? i learned years ago if you put bleach in the drain before you retire for the night (so no one runs the water) then in the morning run the hot water for a few seconds you will never have a clogged drain again. i think the person that told me this said she did it once a week. and she never had a clogged drain.
    i have also used (NOT w/bleach) vinegar, baking soda and salt. that seems to work also.
    love the little helper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks JoAnn for that tip- I bet her sink smelled nice and clean too! I love that picture of Amelia and Dru!

    ReplyDelete
  6. spaghetti noodles.....maybe now i've learned my lesson. At A&M's house, it was a pasta explosion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really? pasta? maybe it's time for a new disposal. and use the vinegar, soda & salt every week for a few weeks and see if it helps. seems like you are supposed to pour boiling water in just enough to make it go into the pipe - but not so much that it flushes it all away. needs to sit a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Followers